This holiday season don’t forget your favorite midwife. Wondering what would be an appropriate gift? Here are some suggestions.
1. Informed consent suite My team and I spent literally 10 months researching, editing, editing, editing, designing, and having our legal counsel review this suite of 14 informed consents. These vital shared decision-making tools give autonomy and sovereignty back to the birthing person AND legally protect the midwife. Give the midwife in your life the gift of time by saving her 10 months of work!!
2. Birth-wear = every midwife loves to have dedicated birth clothes and what better way to outfit your fav midwife than with a Midwifery Wisdom T-shirt!
3. Handwritten note saying how much you appreciate them – seriously, we midwives save these notes, like forever – they mean the world to us!
4. Starbucks or local coffee shop gift card – what midwife doesn’t need a caffeine fix?!
5. Engraved Stethoscope or Fetoscope (affiliate) – Midwives are proud of what they do, but it helps to have it recognized! What better way that to get one of their most prized tools, personalized!
6. Massage gift card – Our bodies literally always hurt, give the gift of relaxation and rejuvenation!!
7. Convert kit subscription (affiliate) Savvy midwives know that developing an email list is the key to an automated marketing system – help your favorite midwife drop the social media time-suck and create ease and automation in her marketing!
8. Suture Practice Kit (affiliate) – suturing has traditionally been one of the hardest skills to master, because of the complexity of the process and the realities of finding something to practice on (chicken breast just doesn’t cut it) With this kit, you will become a master in no time!
9. A subscription to UP-TO-DATE (affiliate) – this definitive guide to clinical decision making is a gold mine for the student and midwife alike and lets face it – midwives rarely buy things for themselves.
10. Student Handbook Preceptors and students should have agreements before they work together and then clear steps for progress throughout the apprenticeship process, we took the stress and work out of it by creating this 50-page, full-color customizable student handbook.